I don't know about you but creating GOOD scoring guides was always excruciating for me when I was in the classroom. How could I determine the subtle differences between work deemed masterful or proficient? How could I could I convey those differences in the feedback to my students? At times the task was so daunting- I skipped it all together! (I know! I know!)
Creating GREAT scoring guides is now made easy using ThemeSpark.net. (@themespark_tool) This site has all the tools you need to differentiate your scoring guides using the Common Core State Standards. Not only can you create your scoring guides- you can search their database for lesson plan ideas and resources to support your instruction.
You may be saying YES! This is just what I need- BUT, wait- There's MORE!
If you are a GAFE district (and if you are- LUCKY YOU!) there is an Add-On in Google Docs that allows you to create scoring guides and give feedback right in the doc! JoeZoo Express is a teacher's best friend. (getjoezoo.com) (@joezooapp) Using this amazing Add-On will save you crazy amounts of time. No more toggling back and forth between student work and scoring guides- No more copying scoring guides to give student's the descriptive feedback they deserve. Like I said, AMAZING!
Creating your scoring guide in ThemeSpark and pasting it into JoeZoo will free up several hours of your weekend! You can use a few of those minutes to share your creations with me!
Happy Planning!!!
Thanks for the great suggestion! Can't wait to try it!
ReplyDelete